We will be featuring a little monthly inspiration on how to take a few
moments to take care of you. Everyone needs a moment to stop, breathe and re-center. Feeling stressed, angry, exhausted? Take a moment to try this 3 in, 5 out exercise.
- Get into a comfortable position. Sit or stand tall, extending your spine to its’ full length without straining.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep, slow breath over the course of a 3 count. The breath should start from the base of your belly and move up to your chest. Keep your shoulders relaxed.
1… 2… 3….
- Hold your breath for just a second.
- Slowly release your breath over a 5 count.
1… 2… 3… 4… 5…
- Repeat as many times as you’d like. Remember to stop and notice the difference in your body after taking the time to breathe.