- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 onions diced
- 2-3 stalks celery diced
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 8 cups water
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- Spices: 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1 bay leaf
- Garnish: parsley, scallions
1) Sauteed the onions, celery, and red or green pepper in olive oil at medium high heat.
2) Bring chicken breasts and water to a boil in large pot. Skim well.
3) Add the sauteed vegetables, rice, carrots, and seasonings bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked.
4) Remove chicken breasts, dice them to bite sized pieces, return them to the pot and simmer for 5 more minutes.
5) Dice parsley and scallions and sprinkle on as a garnish.