Summer is such an energizing season! We’re all so ready to go out and get things done that sometimes we forget to take a moment to slow down and give our body much needed stillness. Take a moment each day to take inspiration from nature and be still.
This is a breathing exercise inspired by the ocean waves to get you started:
- Take in a deep 5-count breath. Breathe in audibly, in taking air through your nose
- and mouth creating a sound similar to the ocean as a wave goes out. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…
- Hold the breath in for a moment.
- Release the breath audibly in a slow, controlled 5-count, creating a sound similar to an ocean wave breaking on the shore. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…
- And repeat as many times as needed to feel your pulse slow and your mind clear.
If you find it helpful and relaxing imagine the smell of the salty air, the cool, comfortable breeze, and the sound of the ocean matching your breath.