- 2 cups cooked, pureed pumpkin or squash (canned works too!)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbs molasses
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Place pumpkin into a medium sized bowl, add other fillings and mix until smooth.
3) Spread into pie crust, bake for 10 minutes. Turn the oven down to 350 and bake for an additional 40 minute, or until the pie is firm in the center when shaken slightly.
4) Cool at least to room temperature before serving. This pie is delicious chilled.
5) Add whipped cream and ice cream if desired.