- 1 1/2 tsp red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 oz Italian bread, cut into 8 (1/2 in) slices
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato cut into 8 slices
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 garlic clove, peeled cut in half
1) Combine the vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush onto one side of each slice of bread.
2) Layer mozzarella, tomato slices, and arugula over 4 slices of bread and top each with the remaining slices, brushed sides down. Spray sandwiches with non-stick spray.
3) Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Put sandwiches on sizzling skillet and cover with a heavy weight.
4) Flip and fry the other side of the panini with a heavy weight. Remove from heat and rub a garlic clove over the outsides of the panini.
5) Cut, serve and enjoy!