In a Sage Butter Sauce
- 1 pkg Potato gnocchi (gluten free available at Whole Foods)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 8-10 sage leaves
- 1/2 pkg freeze dried assorted mushrooms
1) Mushrooms need to soak for 30 minutes before adding to butter.
2) Boil gnocchi for 3-5 minutes until al dente.
3) Heat butter in small frying pan on medium to low heat until it browns. Be careful not to burn the mixture.
4) Add sage leaves as soon as the butter is heated and allow them to crisp up as the butter browns.
5) Add garlic powder, salt, pepper and mushrooms.
6) Drain gnocchi and save some of the water.
7) Put gnocchi into large fry pan and add butter sage mushroom sauce.
8) Cook until the gnocchi soaks in the essence of the sauce (3-5 minutes). Add some of the gnocchi water to keep gnocchi from sticking and to create a thicker more plentiful sauce.