- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 5 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
1) In medium bowl combine meat, egg, breadcrumbs, parm cheese, basil & onion power. Shape into 3/4″ balls.
2) In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot & meatballs.
3) Return to boil; reduce heat to medium.
4) Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender.
5) Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
6) Serve in a beautiful bowl with an additional sprinkle of parmesan, if wanted.