- 1 cup instant oats or gluten free oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat or gluten free flour
- 1 large egg at room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanailla extract
- 1/2 cup agave, maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup fresh raisins
1) Whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the agave. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the raisins. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
3) Scoop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake at 325°F for 11-14 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
4) Enjoy with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee!