- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 3 large carrots, dices
- 1/2 onion, cut into large cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (if you choose)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground sage
- 1/8 nutmeg
- salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with foil to prepare veggies for baking. Place squash, carrots and onion on the sheet, drizzle olive oil evenly and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes until veggies are soft.
2) Allow veggies to cool.
3) In a blender or food processor, add veggies, stock of your choice, coconut milk (optional), cinnamon, sage, nutmeg and blend until smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
4) If the soup is too thick add more stock, if it isn’t creamy enough add more coconut milk. Enjoy!