- 1 cup dates, packed & pitted (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes & then drained)
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 tbsp salted creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup almond meal 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if wanted)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup dairy free semisweet chocolate chips
1) Add dates to a food processor and pulse until small bits remain.
2) Add banana and peanut butter and mix until combined.
3) Add the almond meal and rolled oats and pulse. The dough should be wet and sticky. If the dough is too wet to form into balls add another few tbsp of almond meal or oats and stir until they are able to be formed.
4) Add in chocolate and peanut butter chip, then chill dough for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5) Scoop 1 tbsp amount of cookie dough and form into loose disc and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6) Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and somewhat firm to the touch. Allow to cool slightly on the pan then move to a cooling rack.
7) Place on an adorable plate and set it by the fireplace for Santa. Don’t forget a carrot for Rudolph!
Recipe: Minimalist Baker